Sunday, October 28, 2012

Review: NBA 2K13 Very Good but not Great



2K Sports has long dominated the gaming industry since the arrival of the PS3, I remember back in the PS2 AND Xbox era where EA Sports was the popular choice when coming to any sporting game. Don't get me wrong, EA is still dong a great job, but when it comes to the NBA you cant go wrong with 2K Sports. Ever since the launch of the Xbox 360 and PS3 2K sports has been the number one selling NBA game, and rightfully so, when you talk about having the most realistic graphics, and smooth gameplay 2K sports takes the cake. When I first bought NBA 2K13 a week ago I was really excited. After seeing the big leap from 2K11 to 2K12 I knew I was in for a huge change. Wrong, although it was better than its predecessor I didn't feel like it was worthy of a 70$ price tag. The game was smooth, graphics were slightly improved, but I felt like I was still playing NBA 2K12 with updated rosters. Still, it was a solid game overall, and because it doesn't have any competition due to EA cancelling their game for the second straight year its a great choice. I also like how this year they added the all star weekend game mode even though it is an extra 10 dollars. Its clear to me that 2k did the best it could with its resources, let's face it, the PS3 and Xbox 360 are at the end of their life cycles and its graphics are probably maxed out at this point.

Verdict: NBA 2K13 is a must buy for those who didn't bother with 2K12 and for those hardcore NBA fans looking to support there NBA teams, its not a must buy for everyone but its a solid game non the less.

Rating: 8.5/10 "Very Good"

1 comment:

  1. Hi Qasim!
    A quick look at your blog, I can clearly see what interests you. I am curious whether you are a hobby gamer or whether you actually want to pursue a career in game design/ graphics etc. There are so many jobs in that field. I am certain that advancements in this area are extremely fast paced so I presume that you would have to upgrade skills constantly. I play Bejewled Blitz and Tiny Towers, so as you can see, I stick to the simple ones. Simulations where you stock stores, restaurants and sell fun stuff is more my style and pace!
    I have only one comment on your passion for watching basketball! Are you delighted that hockey is on strike? It seems every time I turn on the TV, I get basketball! The sports news is full of basketball! B-ball, b-ball, bee-ball...
    Have a gleefully glorious gaming, "Extravagaminganza" this weekend. M. Morton

    ReplyDelete