Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Game Review: PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

I finally got to play PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale. I've been wanting to play this game since E3 this past summer where it was first unveiled. Since then Sony has been teasing us with little trailers and even giving us trailers that we were supposed to guess as to what it was for. I had high hopes when I put this game into my PS3. I know how fun Super Smash Bros. Brawl, and Melee were so I had high hopes for this game. When I first started playing it I have to say I didn't totally enjoy it. I think it was probably because I was expecting it to be so much like SSB that I wouldn't even consider what it had to offer. First of all it is not as fast pace as brawl, but it is still relatively fast compares to other fighting games on the market. The weapons were almost useless. However as I played more and more I found myself liking it A LOT, and before I knew it, I was playing for 2 hours with my brothers on 4 player multiplayer. The game is unique in its own way, the weapon may not be like SSB but they do come in handy when your trying to get on a super and the characters in this game all have there own unique ability, and no one character has an advantage over the other... well maybe Kratos.

Verdict: Don't expect this to be a PS3 version of SSB but it has its own style of a SSB type experience, if you give the game some time you will love it.

Rating: 9/10 "Great"

No comments:

Post a Comment