Sunday, November 11, 2012

Fear the Beard

Just a day before the trade deadline James Harden of the Oklahoma City got traded to the Houston Rockets for Kevin Martin and other little additions. This was one of the best addition the Rockets made this off season. I'm a huge OKC fan so this trade really does upset me. In just the first 3 games; James Harden scored a total of 82 points. Scoring 37, 45, and 24 respectively. James Harden won the 6th man of the year last year with the OKC Thunder, and was a major part of OKC's run in the playoffs. For a team that made the finals last year, especially at there age, i believe it would have been best for them to stay as a group and build chemistry. I can't totally be mad at the Thunder for this trade, with the new collective bargaining agreement, and the luxury tax, OKC couldn't afford James Harden at what he was worth. Although I understand that i believe that OKC could have made other minor trades to make a deal happen. Although Harden would be great to have, Kevin Martin isn't a bad player, he was the leading scorer for the Houston Rockets and he can create his own shot if he has to. Last night Kevin Martin scored score 28 points off the bench in a loss against the Atlanta Hawks. I guess ill have to give the Thunder a chance and see how this new team does in the playoffs.

No comments:

Post a Comment